Farmers’ Union Hall
2011 Valley Forge Road
Village of Center Point
Farmers Union Hall was built in 1898 by the Farmers Union of Montgomery County, a group of Worcester farmers which was organized for the mutual welfare and advancement of “Agriculture, Education, Progress and Public Improvement” for farmers and the township. The Alumni Association of Worcester Township assisted with the cost of building the Hall.
Built by volunteer labor and donations, this building embodies the versatility, industriousness, and strong community ties of the Worcester farming community. Originally, the lower level contained a stabling area for up to 40 horses. This was later blacktopped and used for community gatherings.
From 1908 to 1911, the building housed Worcester’s High School. School plays, graduations, and community events were held in the Hall for many years and are still recalled by the township’s oldest residents.
From 1932 to 1942, the Center Point Egg Auction was held in the lower level. By the 1950s, the Farmers Union had dissolved, and the building was transferred to Worcester Township. From 1967 to 1983, the building housed the Worcester Post Office.
In 1986, the Worcester Historical Society began leasing the building from the township to house our growing collection of historic artifacts. Today, the Hall is the home of WHS’s museum and library. The building is open to the public on designated days during the year, and by appointment by calling 610-584-5619.